Psalm: 1 of DFG
- Woe is me; I am a prisoner to my past, and the burden of my actions weighs me down to the grave, while death lurks for my soul to surrender.
- My yesterdays are full of regrets and sorrow, and my tomorrow tinged with fear.
- In tears, I beheld my condition. And my spirit hungered and thirsted.
- Who will redeem me and restore me to my intended state?
- Somewhere, I heard of a savior who gave life to that which was dead, and in desperation, I called upon his name.
- In love, he answered and gifted me my freedom. Now my yesterdays are his, and my tomorrow is secured.
- By faith, I have been divinely adopted and transformed from a wretched son of man to a son of the Most-High One.
- Amazing Grace, how sweet a victory won. Now I live by faith and hope in the unseen.
Romans 1:20 ESV: For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
Isaiah 48:13 ESV: My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand forth together.
His Spirit created everything by his word. There is an intelligence at the core of every creation, coded in his expression. Evident by the code embedded in the DNA at the cellular level. This same intelligence is present in every element known to man. His consciousness, which uttered matter into existence, resides at the sub-atomic and quantum realm—intelligent design for an omniscient creator.
Psalm 8:3-4 ESV: When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?
Genesis 1:27 ESV: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Psalm 139:15 ESV: My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Psalm 139:14 ESV: I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
1 Kings 2:3 Observe what the Lord your God requires: Walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go.
The Spirit created everything to function according to his will, and for that purpose, they were created.
A rock is a rock because He created it so. The rock obeys its master’s code to fulfill its purpose. How marvelous and splendid are the stars, the moon, and the sun. Yet they function according to His word to sustain life on our planet.
With only two known exceptions, all of God’s creation function in obedience to Him. Each according to its own kind and design. There is an intelligence and a purpose coded into His created realm. In His word, only the Angels and Mankind are said to have disobeyed His will. Such rebellion results in destruction and calamity for the rebels.
Oh, that my flesh would cease its rebellion, and my soul would find peace and rest in Your Spirit.
Inspired by: Matthew 16:15-20,1 Corinthians 6:19 and Psalm 133:1
- The Church is not an organization or a function we attend. It is a people; it is who we are.
- The Temple is not a place or a building. It is you, all of you; Mind body and soul.
- Worship is not mere words; it is a lifestyle.
How good and pleasant it is for brethren and sistren to live together in love and unity. The gates of hell shall not prevail against such fellowship. Therefore, live to the glory of your God seated on His thrown at the center of His Temple.
Inspired by: Hebrews 4:12, John 3: 16 – 2, Romans 2: 13 & John 6: 63
The word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints, and marrow; it judges the thoughts, intentions, and attitudes of the heart.
When we hold up the word of God as a testimony, one of two things has already happened.
If we are living in obedience to its teachings, then we have been liberated. Set free from the condemnation, it describes in its pages. But if we are not living by its precepts, we are already condemned.
So hold the Bible aloft; it is the Word of God; it is the Spirit that gives life.